In these terms and conditions, “Wineoak” refers to Wineoak Interiors, a trading name of Java Wood Limited, and ‘”Customer” refers to any person or company transacting with Wineoak for the purchase of Wineoak’s products. “Website” refers to Wineoak’s website at www.wineoakinteriors.co.uk. “Goods” refers to the products ordered from Wineoak by the Customer.
- These terms and conditions are applicable to the supply of Goods by Wineoak to the Customer. If you buy goods from us, via the Website or otherwise, you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (eg when you click on the ‘buy now’ button), you wil receive an automated acknowledgement by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the Goods are unavailable or discontinued;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the Goods from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the Goods to you; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the Goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (a “Confirmation Email”). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you if we have them in stock or, if not, once they have been manufactured.
- Price and payment
- All prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling and include any VAT at the applicable rate.
- All prices are exclusive of delivery, unless otherwise stated.
- Due to currency volatility, prices on our website may change at short notice.
- All payments must be made in Pounds Sterling, unless otherwise specified, and by one of the following payment methods:
- The following major debit/credit cards: Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, American Express, Maestro, Diners Club;
- Bank Transfer to the following bank account:
Account holder: Java Wood Limited
Sort code: 40-03-33
Account number: 52148285
- Where we don’t have your Goods in stock, we will normally ask you to pay 50% of the total cost of your order at the time that you place it, and will contact you to take payment of the balance due, and any delivery costs, before delivering the Goods to you.
- Passing of property and risk
- Goods ordered by the Customer shall remain the property of WIneoak until such time as full payment has been received by Wineoak and Wineoak reserves the right to delay delivery until any outstanding payments or delivery charges have been settled.
- The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer once the Goods have been delivered.
- We typically carry stock of our most popular items and these will normally be delivered within 10 days of placing your order.
- If we do not have an item in stock, which will be indicated on the Website, it will be manufactured to order, with a typical lead time of 8 to 10 weeks. We will stay in contact with you throughout the manufacture of your item(s) so you know when to expect delivery.
- Whilst it is rare for us to exceed our 8 to 10 week target delivery time, there may be occasions when this is unavoidable, whether due to a large order backlog, or delays in shipping goods. Whilst we cannot accept responsibility for any such delays, we will always keep you informed as soon as we become aware that a delay is likely, and will always do our utmost to mitigate the situation.
- If your order consists of multiple items, they may be dispatched at different times. However only one delivery charge will apply.
- Depending on the item(s) you have ordered, delivery will either be a “one-man” or a “two-man” delivery. Delivery charges include delivery to either the ground or first floor of your home (if access is by stairs) or by lift to any floor. Delivery will normally take place between Monday to Friday, from 7am-5pm. Deliveries can be made on a Saturday or in a guaranteed time slot, although these options will incur an additional delivery charge.
- Our items are delivered pre-assembled and cannot normally be disassembled to facilitate delivery. It is therefore the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient accessibility for the delivery to be made by a two-man delivery team, without any special equipment. If you anticipate that delivery may pose a challenge, please contact us at least 5 working days ahead of your scheduled delivery date to discuss possible solution. Depending on the nature of the access problem, it may be necessary to reschedule your delivery date, and an additional delivery charge may apply.
- It is also the Customer’s responsibility to ensure Goods ordered will fit into the Customer’s chosen location. Whilst the actual dimensions of Wineoak products are normally consistent with those advertised, small variations can occur as a result of our use of reclaimed materials, and the Customer should raise with Wineoak attention any concerns it may have at the time of purchase in circumstances where a small margin of error in dimensions could affect the Customer’s decision to purchase. In most cases, items can be made to bespoke dimensions to avoid any issues of this kind.
- We require at least 3 working days notice prior to the date of delivery to make changes to the delivery date or cancel the delivery. Later cancellations may incur an additional charge.
- If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery, then our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the Goods or the value thereof.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence. Wineoak will not be liable for any consequential loss caused by any delay caused by unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Wineoak or the rescheduling of delivery for operational reasons. We will, however, organise a redelivery of the Goods free of charge at a time convenient to you.
- Our standard delivery costs are as follows:
|Product||London (inside M25)||Rest of England||Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland|
|Large accessories (champagne stands, mirrors, wine racks up to 72 bottles)||£30||£35||£40|
|All other items||£60||£90||£100|
* Higher postage and packing costs may apply for orders for multiple small accessories.
- The Customer is responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect floor coverings during delivery. Wineoak cannot be held responsible for damage to floors or carpets if they are insufficiently protected. Note that our delivery personnel are required to wear shoes at all times for health and safety reasons.
- It may be possible, for some items, for the Customer to collect them directly from Wineoak’s warehouse. This is strictly at Wineoak’s discretion.
- For all enquiries relating to delivery or the possibility of collection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3488 2470.
- Nature of products
- Wineoak’s products are made from reclaimed materials and the imperfections and features of those materials are incorporated into our designs. It is also inevitable, given the materials used, that no two products will be the same. Wineoak cannot accept any rejection of Goods by the Customer purely on the basis of any imperfections or inconsistencies that are the result of the inherent nature of the materials used.
- Our products are made in a relatively dry climate in South Africa. As a result, it may take some time for the wood to acclimatise to the cooler, more humid European climate. Our designs leave space in the joints of the products to allow for expansion in the wood during this period. In the event that this expansion is so extreme as to require a repair to the item, please contact Wineoak to arrange a visit by one of our carpenters.
- Wooden furniture requires regular care to maintain its condition. More details of the best way to care for your Wineoak product can be found on our Product Care page.
- Please bear in mind that computer browsers and compmay present colours slightly differently and colours will appear differently according to your screen. Images displayed on the internet are a representation only and we recommend checking real life samples prior to ordering if you are unsure.
- Our delivery team will ask you to sign a delivery acknowledgement at the time of delivery of each item. Your signature on that form will indicate that the item(s) are in good condition and in accordance with the specifications of your order.
- If you report damage to an item once the delivery team has left your home or premises, Wineoak shall have retain a discretion to charge you for any repairs to Goods that may be necessary.
- Right to cancel this contract
- You may cancel this contract at any time before delivery of your Goods.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days of the last delivery of Goods under a particular order without giving any reason.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement. This notice should be sent by post to 30 Canal Wharf, 305 Kingsland Road, London E8 3EG, or by email to email@example.com.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Any Goods made to a Customer’s own specifications, made to measure or otherwise personalised, will not be refunded unless they are proven to be faulty.
- Goods that are rejected by the Customer must be returned in a saleable condition unless faulty.
- Where items have been made to a Customer’s specific requirements, whether to a non-standard design or size, Wineoak reserves the right to levy a 100% cancellation charge.
- Any display, ex-display and clearance items are sold as seen without further restoration. These items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising from non-standard deliveries, Saturday deliveries or redeliveries arising pursuant to clause 4).
- Where a reimbursement is due, Wineoak will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day any Goods supplied arrive back at our warehouse; or
- if there were no Goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you cancel the contract after you have received Goods:
- we will collect the Goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us.
- unless they are faulty, you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Goods. This cost of collection will depend on the Goods to be collected, but is estimated at a maximum of £100;
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the Goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
- Wineoak furniture is guaranteed against faulty workmanship for 1 year. Not that we cannot guarantee against:
- the consquences of wooden products responding to changes in environment or seasons, including timber movement, cracks, swelling or shrinkage;
- any failure by the Customer to keep moving parts lubricated,;
- changes in texture, colour and general appearance of timber or upholstery;
- any type of accidental damage including the result of moving or handling the furniture other than by our delivery teams;
- misuse or fair wear and tear;
- the emergence of wood boring insects (although alll timber is fumigated to minimise this risk);
- The above exclusions are not exhaustive and do not affect your statutory rights.
- In the event that a product becomes faulty during the guarantee period, Wineoak will repair or replace the product at its discretion.
- Wineoak furniture is guaranteed against faulty workmanship for 1 year. Not that we cannot guarantee against:
These terms and conditions are governed and shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law.